HR Glossary for HR Professionals
Glossary of the most common HR terms and acronyms to assist professionals navigating the ever-growing and ever-changing world of HR terminology.
What is HR Software?
HR Software, or a human resource information system (HRIS), is software that combines many different systems and processes to ensure the ease of HR management. Therefore with the right HR software for small businesses, you can efficiently and effectively centralize, organize, and improve your day-to-day processes.
Most HRIS systems should comprise these components:
- Applicant Tracking System
- Online Benefits Administration
- PTO Tracking
- Time & Attendance
- Performance Management
- 1095-C Reporting
- Payroll Integrations
- COBRA Administration
Exceptional HRIS systems would also include billing options and robust reporting capabilities:
Why You Need an HRIS
- Improve efficiencies: By reducing the administrative burden of chasing the paperwork, the HR department can focus on higher-skill tasks that contribute to business growth and employee experience.
- Ensure compliance: Easily send required notices and other employee communication through HR software. Then, track employees’ receipt and signing to ensure compliance.
- Reduce errors: Using an online HR system makes it easy to ensure accuracy and resolve errors or inconsistencies.
- Cut the paperwork: From onboarding to benefits enrollment and more, many HR departments are overwhelmed by paperwork. However, an HRIS eliminates the need for paper records by storing HR information and data online.
- Boost recruitment and retention: From the initial onboarding experience and throughout the employee life-cycle, make it easy for employees to manage their benefits and information online.
Related Terms: HRIS