What is an HR Generalist?
HR generalists are—as the name suggests—responsible for all or most HR functions within an organization. They deal in recruitment, retention, benefits, and even compliance. Many generalists are HR parties of one.
What Are Common Positions Held By Generalists?
Generalists are commonly the only HR pro in small to midsize businesses. In larger organizations, you’re more likely to find generalists in the following positions:
- Management and leadership positions
- Director of Human Resources
- Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
- Head of People Operations
- Senior Vice President of Strategy and Culture.
The precise scope of these roles varies by organization, but they tend to cover many HR functions.
Related Terms: Floating Holidays