HR Glossary for HR Professionals
Glossary of the most common HR terms and acronyms to assist professionals navigating the ever-growing and ever-changing world of HR terminology.
What is Employee Management?
Ask any manager and they’ll say that managing their employee is the most challenging part of their day-to-day responsibilities. Although, seeing as how crucial employees are to company success, management is something organizations have to get right. The aspects of employee management include:
- Employee Selection: choosing the right candidate during recruitment.
- Performance Management: Ensuring employees are meeting goals.
- Performance Monitoring: Keeping a constant eye on performance and outputs.
- Employee Communication: Ensuring you interact with employees and provide feedback.
- Rewards & Recognition: Provide rewards and recognition for jobs well done.
- Employee Discipline: When poor performance occurs, discipline needs to be exhibited.
Overall, employee management is how you help transform under-performing employees into exceptional employees.
Employee Management Skills to Acquire:
In order to help transform your under-performing employees, it’s important that management acquires, or has a strong grip on the following skills:
- Leading by example
- Providing growth opportunities
- Creating positive workplace environments
- Sets clear and realistic goals
Related Terms: Performance Management